| || |
Connect at CHI2004
The Robots are Coming... The Robots are Coming... to CHI2004 in Vienna.
Do you want to know what it will be like to interact with robots? If so, come to CHI2004 in Vienna, Austria to CONNECT with prominent leaders, researchers and designers creating the future of Human-Computer Interaction. Robotics and Transport is a special focus area for this year's conference. You can attend tutorials, workshops, panels, paper sessions and demonstrations to learn about the state of the art in robots.
CHI2004 presents an opportunity for you to CONNECT and interact with many of the premier designers and researchers of interactive technologies. This year's conference offers 31 full and half-day tutorials focused on ways to improve interaction, including:
- Human-Robot Interaction by Jean Scholtz, CHI 2004 Robotics and Transport Chair, will provide an overview tutorial of this emerging field.
- Consult the Tutorial Schedule for the complete list of offerings.
Other presentations that address Robotics include:
- "How to Trust Robots Farther Than We Can Throw Them," a panel session.
- "Interface, Autonomy, and Interactions in Automotive Driving," a panel session.
- "NASA/DARPA Segwanaut," a marriage between NASA's Robonaut and the DARPA Segway mobility platform is examined at a papers session.
- Robots as greeters and "explainers" at CHI2004 Demonstrations.
- "Shaping Human-Robot Interaction," a workshop that examines the social role of robots.
In addition to Robots and Transport, the CHI2004 technical program focuses on Ambient Intelligence, Games, Mobile Communications, and European HCI Research. Keynote presentations are given by Jun Rekimoto of Sony and Tim Brown of IDEO, individuals whose impact can be seen, felt and heard in the products around you. Connect, engage, and debate with the authors and presenters at dynamic panels, demonstrations, paper sessions and more.
See presentation and schedule details at the CHI2004 Technical Program. You can also explore the influence of human-computer interaction on industrial design by participating in the CHI2004/ICSID Forum.
Participation in CHI2004 is open to all with an interest in Human-Computer Interaction. Join more than 2000 professionals from over 35 countries at CHI2004 for the premier worldwide forum for the exchange of information on all aspects of how people interact with computers.
CHI2004 is sponsored by ACM's Special Interest Group on Computer-Human Interaction (ACM SIGCHI). In addition to ACM, various organizations sponsor CHI2004 . Champion Sponsors include: Google, Microsoft, OSDN Slashdot, SAP, Unisys, and Yahoo! Inc. Contributing Sponsors include: Intel, Nokia, Sun Microsystems and eLearn Magazine.
On 24-29 April 2004 researchers, practitioners, educators, and students from around the world will meet in Austria at the CHI2004 Conference.
CONNECT and Create the Future - Attend CHI2004